Sunday, December 29, 2013

Looking forward to 2014, reflections on 2013

2013 year has been one of the best years of my life both musically and personally.  Although J was born in 2012, I feel as if I got really got to 'know' him this year and he has really developed his own personality.  I traveled to the birth place of surf music and performed with some of it's progenitors alongside some of my heroes and influences.  Not only that, but The Mystery Men? had the opportunity to play throughout California meeting friends new and old, having many worthwhile experiences along the way.  The band also recorded and released it's debut full-length album, "Sonos Delirium".  I had not one, but two opportunities to serve as producer on projects for Kill, Baby...Kill! and Gemini 13.  One of my best friends flew me to Colorado to perform classical guitar at his mountainside wedding overlooking Crested Butte.  I had over 40 performances this year including festival dates with The Mystery Men? North Carolina and Florida,  successful Christmas shows in Tennessee with the Silent Knights, and I even served bass duties for a Beach Boys cover show in Southern Florida.

Although 2013 may be difficult to top, I believe a great many thing to come in the new year.  MOONBASE has studio time booked for our upcoming full-length.  I'd love to do even more producer work in 2014 and have already been tapped for several projects.  The Mystery Men? will be performing at the final Hukilau in Ft. Lauderdale.

No comments:

Post a Comment